How to record your iPhone screen on your Mac
You don’t have to be an app developer to record your iPhone screen!
What you need:
- An iPhone running iOS 8 or later
- A Lightning cable (the one that plugs into your iPhone on one end and USB on the other)
- A Mac running OSX Yosemite or later
How to record
- Plug your iPhone in your Mac with the lightning cable
- If you haven’t “trusted” your iPhone on your Mac yet, open iTunes and it should prompt you to “trust” it so a connection can be established between them
- Open Quicktime Player, click “File” on the Menu Bar then select “New Screen Recording”
- Although the default screen is your Mac, you can select your iPhone at that point. Also select the audio from the iPhone if you wish to record it as well.
- When you’re done, it will present you with a recording your can name and save on your Mac.
Voila! Was that easy? I know, this is Apple, remember?
Enjoy recording your iPhone screen to teach someone how to set it up, how to use a specific app or just for fun!
Any comments or suggestions? Feel free to share below!