You’re using your Mac every day and everything is going smoothly. But how do you know if your Mac’s hard drive is truly healthy?
A quick check from time to time can let you know what’s going on and if it’s time to repair it.
How to check
- Quit all applications
- Go to Finder on your Dock
- Click Applications > Utilities
- Open Disk Utility
- Select your Macintosh HD on the left > Click the First Aid button
- You need to ensure you won’t use your Mac for the next few minutes as this procedure “freezes” your Mac to perform better
- You will be notified if everything is going well with your hard drive or if it requires maintenance
The majority of the time, it should show a green check mark stating everything is good but in case there’s a message stating it needs to be repaired and you’re not sure what to do, contact us, we’ll be happy to help you!
Leave A Comment