Did you know you can copy on your iPhone and paste on your Mac?
This feature can be so time-saving and convenient, you must give it a try!
First you need to set up Universal Clipboard:
It only works when your devices are near each other and set up as follows:
- Your devices are signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
- Your devices have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on.
- Your devices have Handoff turned on:
- Mac: Choose Apple menu on the top left corner of your display > System Preferences, then click General. Select “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
- iPhone and iPad: Go to Settings > General > Handoff, then turn on Handoff.
How to copy on iPhone and paste on Mac:
- On your iPhone, copy the text, image, or other content the same way you usually copy on iPhone.
- The content is automatically added to the clipboard of your Mac. It remains there briefly, or until you replace it by copying something else on either the iPhone or the Mac.
- On the Mac, paste the content with command + V on your keyboard.
Voila! You can now copy from your iPhone and paste on your Mac!
By the way, it works the other way too, give it a try and let us know how you did in the comments below!